Planning & Government Services (PGS) Division
The Planning & Government Services (PGS) Division's staff assists local governments in a range of programs and services on a local and regional level. These services cover two areas: 1. local and regional planning; and 2. community and economic development. For more detail on PGS programs and services, see the "Services List" section below and left tabs for program and/or project information.
How can local governments request our assistance? Please see sample project request letter.
- Free education series continues on March 21, 2014 with a webinar titled The Walkable City. Flyer here.
- Planner position available at NEGRC. Announcement here.
- The City of Madison is holding a public hearing at the Fire Station at 160 N. Main Street, Madison, GA, 30650 on Friday, March 21, 2014 at 8:30 a.m. to obtain citizen input in the development a Community Development Block Grant application. For more information on this proposed project, contact NEGRC Project Manager Nina Kelly at email@example.com.
- T.R.R. Cobb House 2014 historic preservation grants announced. Letter here.
- Historic Preservation Commission Training scheduled for Athens. Flyer here.
- 2014 Job Tax Credit map here.
- House Bill 176 proposes limiting the authority of local governments to regulate the height and location of cell towers. For more info, see the Georgia Municipal Association's website.
- Northeast Georgia Digital Economy Plan
Resident Questionnaire - Take this if you live in Athens-Clarke, Barrow, Elbert, Greene, Jackson, Jasper, Madison, Morgan, Newton, Oconee, Oglethorpe, or Walton County.
Business Questionnaire - Take this if you own or manage a business located in any of the 12 Northeast Georgia counties (listed above).
Items Under Review
- Town of Carl Short Term Work Program 2013 (DRAFT)
- City of Greensboro Short Term Work Program 2013 (DRAFT)
- Town of Bethlehem Short Term Work Program 2013 (DRAFT)
- City of Union Point Short Term Work Program 2013 (DRAFT)
- City of Danielsville Short Term Work Program 2013 - 2018 (DRAFT)
- City of Monticello Short Term Work Program 2013 - 2108 (DRAFT)
- Barrow County Short Term Work Program 2013 - 2018 (DRAFT)
- City of Statham Short Term Work Program 2013 - 2018 (DRAFT)
- City of Winder Short Term Work Program 2013 - 2018 (DRAFT)
- City of White Plains Short Term Work Program 2013-2017 (DRAFT)
- Greene County Short Term Work Program 2013-2017 (DRAFT)
- City of Auburn Short Term Work Program 2013 - 2018 (DRAFT)
- Town of Between Short Term Work Program 2013 - 2018 (DRAFT)
- City of Walnut Grove Short Term Work Program 2013 - 2018 (DRAFT)
- Town of Maxeys Short Term Work Program 2013-2017 (DRAFT)
All Comprehensive Plans are available on the Georgia Department of Community Affair's website here.
Local Planning Due Dates
Governments are required to periodically update their local plans in order to retain Qualified Local Government status and remain eligible for various forms of grant funding and permitting. Check your due dates to ensure that your eligibility for state assistance is not interrupted.
- Expand All
- Public FinancingExpand
- Local Comprehensive Plan DevelopmentExpand
- GIS & MappingExpand
- Grant WritingExpand
- Grant AdministrationExpand
- Special Reports, Studies, and PlansExpand
- Project Concept DevelopmentExpand
- Professional Services ProcurementExpand
- Zoning OrdinancesExpand
- Training & EducationExpand