Planning & Government Services (PGS) Division
The Planning & Government Services (PGS) Division's staff assists local governments in a range of programs and services on a local and regional level. These services cover two areas: 1. local and regional planning; and 2. community and economic development. For more detail on PGS programs and services, see the "Services List" section below and left tabs for program and/or project information.
How can local governments request our assistance? Please see sample project request letter.
ACC FY 15 Annual Action Plan available for review until May 12, 2014.
- Northeast Georgia Digital Economy Plan
Resident Questionnaire - Take this if you live in Athens-Clarke, Barrow, Elbert, Greene, Jackson, Jasper, Madison, Morgan, Newton, Oconee, Oglethorpe, or Walton County.
Business Questionnaire - Take this if you own or manage a business located in any of the 12 Northeast Georgia counties (listed above).
Items Under Review
- Walton County Capital Improvements Element 2014 (DRAFT)
- Town of Maxeys Short Term Work Program 2013-2017 (DRAFT)
- Newton County Capital Improvements Element 2014-2019 (DRAFT)
All Comprehensive Plans are available on the Georgia Department of Community Affair's website here.
Local Planning Due Dates
Governments are required to periodically update their local plans in order to retain Qualified Local Government status and remain eligible for various forms of grant funding and permitting. Check your due dates to ensure that your eligibility for state assistance is not interrupted.
- Expand All
- Public FinancingExpand
- Local Comprehensive Plan DevelopmentExpand
- GIS & MappingExpand
- Grant WritingExpand
- Grant AdministrationExpand
- Special Reports, Studies, and PlansExpand
- Project Concept DevelopmentExpand
- Professional Services ProcurementExpand
- Zoning OrdinancesExpand
- Training & EducationExpand