Planning & Govt. Services
Planning & Government Services (PGS) Division
The Planning & Government Services (PGS) Division's staff assists local governments in a range of programs and services on a local and regional level. These services cover two areas: 1. local and regional planning; and 2. community and economic development. For more detail on PGS programs and services, see the "Services List" section below and left tabs for program and/or project information.
How can local governments request our assistance? Please see sample project request letter.
- The Elbert County Board of Commissioners is issuing a Request for Proposals (RFP) to planning and/or landscape architecture firms
experienced in project concept planning, development of master plans, and
developing construction and bid documents. Responding firms should be
technically qualified and licensed to provide these services and experienced in
the preparation of master plans for large scale, recreational areas and parks. Information here.
- Bowman Historic District listed in National Register. Information here.
- Athens-Clarke County Consolidated Plan and Annual Action Plan available for review. Document here.
- Auburn National Register of Historic Places nomination here.
- Appalachian Regional Commission 5-year Strategic Plan released. Plan here.
- DCA is conducting a study of impediments to fair housing in Georgia. In addition to several community meetings, there is an online survey. Please take a few minutes to complete the survey here.
- Notice of Public Hearing and Proposed Amendments to Georgia's Rules for Solid Waste Management
State Funds Available to Clean Up Scrap Tire Dumps.
Items Under Review
All Comprehensive Plans are available on the Georgia Department of Community Affair's website here.
Local Planning Due Dates
Governments are required to periodically update their local plans in order to retain Qualified Local Government status and remain eligible for various forms of grant funding and permitting. Check your due dates to ensure that your eligibility for state assistance is not interrupted.
- Expand All
- Public FinancingExpand
- Local Comprehensive Plan DevelopmentExpand
- GIS & MappingExpand
- Grant WritingExpand
- Grant AdministrationExpand
- Special Reports, Studies, and PlansExpand
- Project Concept DevelopmentExpand
- Professional Services ProcurementExpand
- Zoning OrdinancesExpand
- Training & EducationExpand