Planning & Government Services (PGS) Division
The Planning & Government Services (PGS) Division's staff assists local governments in a range of programs and services on a local and regional level. These services cover two areas: 1. local and regional planning; and 2. community and economic development. For more detail on PGS programs and services, see the "Services List" section below and left tabs for program and/or project information.
How can local governments request our assistance? Please see sample project request letter.
- Sustainable Economic Development Workshop at the NEGRC October 20, 2015.
- Athens-Clarke County Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER) open for public comment through 9/25/15. CAPER 2015
- DCA is conducting a study of impediments to fair housing in Georgia. In addition to several community meetings, there is an online survey. Please take a few minutes to complete the survey here.
- The Northeast Georgia Regional Commission (NEGRC) is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Intern. This position is within the NEGRC’s Planning & Government Services (PGS) Division and provides support to the Division’s staff in a range of local-government projects. Details here.
- Notice of Public Hearing and Proposed Amendments to Georgia's Rules for Solid Waste Management
We need your feedback for Georgia's next State Historic Preservation Plan. Please take survey here.
- State Funds Available to Clean Up Scrap Tire Dumps.
Items Under Review
City of Hoschton Comprehensive Plan 2015 DRAFT
City of Commerce Comprehensive Plan 2015 DRAFT
Jackson County Comprehensive Plan 2015 DRAFT
All Comprehensive Plans are available on the Georgia Department of Community Affair's website here.
Local Planning Due Dates
Governments are required to periodically update their local plans in order to retain Qualified Local Government status and remain eligible for various forms of grant funding and permitting. Check your due dates to ensure that your eligibility for state assistance is not interrupted.
- Expand All
- Public FinancingExpand
- Local Comprehensive Plan DevelopmentExpand
- GIS & MappingExpand
- Grant WritingExpand
- Grant AdministrationExpand
- Special Reports, Studies, and PlansExpand
- Project Concept DevelopmentExpand
- Professional Services ProcurementExpand
- Zoning OrdinancesExpand
- Training & EducationExpand