Planning & Government Services (PGS) Division
The Planning & Government Services (PGS) Division's staff assists local governments in a range of programs and services on a local and regional level. These services cover two areas: 1. local and regional planning; and 2. community and economic development. For more detail on PGS programs and services, see the "Services List" section below and left tabs for program and/or project information.
How can local governments request our assistance? Please see sample project request letter.
- State Geographic Information Officer job opening. Info here.
- NEGRC receives NADO Transportation Award. Info here.
- 2015 Job Tax Credit Map.
- ReCommunity Recycling Quality Alert issued here.
- "Bon Appetit Appalachia" map launched here.
Items Under Review
All Comprehensive Plans are available on the Georgia Department of Community Affair's website here.
Local Planning Due Dates
Governments are required to periodically update their local plans in order to retain Qualified Local Government status and remain eligible for various forms of grant funding and permitting. Check your due dates to ensure that your eligibility for state assistance is not interrupted.
- Expand All
- Public FinancingExpand
- Local Comprehensive Plan DevelopmentExpand
- GIS & MappingExpand
- Grant WritingExpand
- Grant AdministrationExpand
- Special Reports, Studies, and PlansExpand
- Project Concept DevelopmentExpand
- Professional Services ProcurementExpand
- Zoning OrdinancesExpand
- Training & EducationExpand