The Workforce Development Division provides day-to-day management of the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) funds that are allocated to the Northeast Georgia region. The division continues to provide oversight of training providers who provide job training and job placement to eligible persons.
This division provides assistance to adults, youth, and dislocated workers who meet program criteria. Since 2000 this program has been responsible for the training and retraining of over 10,000 Northeast Georgians.
800-533-5872 (for callers outside the local calling area)
All persons interested in applying for WIA Financial Assistance should complete the following steps:
- Visit the local Career Center and register for services.
- Ensure the desired training program is on the state Eligible Provider List (EPL).
- Print and complete the WIA Checklist.
- Apply for admission to the school you plan to attend.
- If applicable, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application for HOPE and PELL grants. Contact school financial aid office.
- Then contact the phone number above to speak to a Career Advisor/Assistant.
- All appointments are held at partner agency locations and are held on a scheduled basis.